The Power of Pennovation Works: Research and Development
Join this virtual program to learn how the Pennovation Works campus supports research and development, as well as startup growth, via a unique mix of programmatic, community, and facility resources. Success stories will be shared as well as information about key programs through a moderated panel of leading innovators based on the Pennovation Works campus.
- Mike Dishowitz, PhD, Associate Director, PCI Ventures
- Cynthia Otto, Founder and Executive Director of the Penn Vet Working Dog Center
- Mark Yim, Director, GRASP Lab; Faculty Director, Design Studio (Venture Labs); Asa Whitney Professor, MEAM
- Phil Johnson, CEO, Interius Therapeutics
- Laurie Actman, Chief Marketing, Communications and Program Officer at Penn Center for Innovation
About Pennovation Works
It’s been five years since the official grand opening of the Pennovation Center and the redevelopment of the 23-acre Pennovation Works campus. Pennovation Works is a distinctive blend of offices, labs, and production space developed by The University of Pennsylvania to link the intellectual and entrepreneurial initiatives necessary for advancing knowledge and generating economic development.
The innovation ecosystem adjacent to Penn's campus accommodates state-of-the-art facilities, researchers, entrepreneurs, and industry partners solving real-world problems and translating inventiveness into viable ventures. Approximately 70 companies and an estimated 400 people make up the community located at Pennovation, where ideas go to work. By grouping facilities for innovation, technological development, and artistic production/exhibition, Penn envisions a multifaceted workshop for harnessing and commercializing the tremendous creative potential in the region.