Pennovation Works Construction Traffic Detour Patterns
The main access road at the Pennovation Works campus will be under construction through October 2023. Construction crews will be working in the areas marked in orange on the site map. Construction vehicles will be moving around the site frequently.
This construction activity will result in:
• Periodic road closures and alternating traffic patterns within the site
• Alternating entry/exit points along Grays Ferry Avenue
When visiting the site:
• Allow extra travel time to reach your desired location
• Proceed with caution around designated work zones
• Take note of traffic signs, posted speed limits, and directional signage
• Follow the directions of safety/security personnel
• Use designated crosswalks when possible
• Parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis
• Public pedestrian access off Grays Ferry Avenue at 35th Street gate only
• Private pedestrian access at the north/river/park side of the property will remain accessible for authorized card holders
INSTRUCTIONS AS OF 09/19/23 - UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- All vehicles must enter from Grays Ferry Avenue using the left side lane at the main entrance at 35th Street
- All vehicles must stop and check-in with the outside guard at the left side curb. Pennovation Works Badge and PennCard holders must show badge for entry. All others must provide guard with name, purpose for entry and where on property they wish to go
- Vehicles entering outside of Monday to Friday, 6:00 AM to 6:00PM will need to stop at cones and wait for guard to check them in and move cones for entry
- All traffic must proceed one-way around the perimeter of the campus to exit onto Grays Ferry Avenue (follow exit signs)
- Parking Lots A, B, and C will be open during this phase
- Watch for bike traffic and pedestrians (including Pennovation’s dog trainers/handlers that regularly walk around the site)
Instructions subject to change based on site conditions/project requirements.
Click here to download a copy of the current traffic pattern.