The Mentor-in-Residence (MIR) Program pairs startup companies with accomplished entrepreneurs and industry leaders who serve as informal advisors. The Mentors participate in the development of PCI Ventures portfolio companies and Pennovation Center members, providing advice on business strategy, market penetration and fundraising. The Mentors also bring with them a wide network of contacts that the companies will be able to leverage.
All Mentors operate under non-disclosure and non-compete agreements. All PCI Ventures portfolio companies and Pennovation Center members are invited to take advantage of the MIR Program. To arrange a meeting with a Mentor, please email Programming Manager, Jaime Sweet or sign-up for PCIV virtual office hours so we can pair you with the best fit. Learn more about each Mentor’s background and expertise below.
The 2023 Mentors-in-Residence:
- Ruby Chandy is currently the CEO of Lumina Advisory Services, providing consulting, panel/speaking, and advisory services to private equity and venture firms and their portfolio companies, and to C-level executives. She was formerly President of the $1.3B Industrial Division of Pall Corporation. Prior to Pall, Ruby held general management positions at Dow Chemical, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Boston Scientific, and Millipore.
- Tom Crowley is a seasoned venture/private equity investor, entrepreneur, and corporate executive whose 40+ years of diverse business experience have spanned a broad array of consumer and commercial industries, with special concentrations in digital/online media, telecommunications, computer software/services, and information systems/technologies.
- Ann Cunningham currently serves as Managing Partner of i3 Strategy Partners where she guides pharmaceutical and biotechnology executives in planning and executing successful portfolio strategies and brand launches by evaluating key business questions and developing unique strategies to unlock the full potential of each organization served.
- Adam Dakin serves as the Managing Director of Dreamit Health, a leading venture-backed accelerator. His career has focused on building early-stage venture-backed health tech companies.
- Dr. Sofija Jovic is focused on applying research and digital health innovation to transform the life science and healthcare industries. As an entrepreneur and business executive, Sofija has developed a reputation for commercializing innovation and creating new market opportunities.
- Jim Trichon has over 30 years of senior management experience, specializing in strategic planning, marketing, relationship building, reorganization issues, and general management. He has had extensive experience in both start-up and turnaround situations.
- Dr. Lisa Wittmer has more than 20 years’ experience and a demonstrated track record in leading development from early stages through to licensing, registration and commercialization of new therapeutics.